This section of our site allows riders in our racing series to register their information with the site.
The Emergency Automotive Regulations (Regulation 11111 of 12 May 2020) issued by the Minister of Trade and Industry, made provision for the operation of vehicle test centres in support of the automotive industry.
The interpretation and application of the regulations are set out in a Protocol commissioned and compiled by the controlling body for motorsport in South Africa, Motorsport South Africa (MSA) and endorsed by senior legal counsel. This Protocol will be used at each of these race circuits around South Africa – Killarney, Kyalami, Zwartkops and Aldo Scribante. A copy of the Protocol is enclosed.
The Western Province Motor Club makes Killarney available for such testing as permitted by the regulations, whilst strictly adhering to the Protocol to ensure the safety manufacturers, dealers and specialist product providers may use the track for testing in a safe and controlled environment.
Killarney will not open as a sporting facility and will not be holding any public gatherings nor will it hold any recreational events. Public spectators will not be permitted into the venue. Risk-adjusted measures, social distancing, personal protection gear and hygiene measures will be applied.
Please see below the slots/session that are available for Private Circuit Hire in January and February 2021.
Thursday 14 January 2021 from 10h00 – 12h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Thursday 14 January 2021 from 12h00 – 14h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Wednesday 20 January 2021 from 10h00 – 13h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Wednesday 20 January 2021 from 13h00 – 16h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Wednesday 27 January 2021 from 10h00 – 13h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Wednesday 27 January 2021 from 13h00 – 16h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Wednesday 3 February 2021 from 10h00 – 13h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Wednesday 3 February 2021 from 13h00 – 16h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Wednesday 10 February 2021 from 10h00 – 13h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Wednesday 10 February 2021 from 13h00 – 16h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Wednesday 17 February 2021 from 10h00 – 13h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Wednesday 17 February 2021 from 13h00 – 16h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Wednesday 24 February 2021 from 10h00 – 13h00 Bikes Multi-user Session
Wednesday 24 February 2021 from 13h00 – 16h00 Cars Multi-user Session
Kindly let me know which session you are interested in taking a slot in/booking so that I can provisionally reserve such for you.
Should you wish to book solo sessions, we are able to accommodate such on request. Please email me with your requirements.
Once provisional booking has been made, please follow up with the completed Booking and Activity Description forms and proof of payment. Your booking is only secured once all documents and payment has been received.
I have attached the newly updated Circuit Hire Rules which detail the options, fees, terms and conditions.
Please note that in the interest of fairness, I cannot let a person reserve more than one slot in a Multi-user session.
Should you be making the reservation on behalf of friends, please include them in cc and list their names and contact details so as to allow me to follow procedure.
Kindly keep in mind that, as well as the requisite PPE (masks, etc.), applicable safety wear applies (Cars – Helmet, long sleeves, long trousers and closed shoes) / (Bikes – Helmet, boots that cover ankle, good riding jacket and trousers).
Forms for Circuit Hire
Next Advanced Riding School: 2 October 2021 | Session time: TBA
Where: New pits with entrance through 1st gate at Killarney Refuse and Recycle Dump
Please note the new registration process for Track Schools – more information below.
Morning Sessions: registration starts at 08.00 to 08:30
School starts at 09:00 ends 14:00
Afternoon sessions: registration starts at 12:00 to 13:30
School starts at 14:00 ends 18:00
For more information please contact Wayne Arendse on 071 866 8399 or David Enticott on 072 611 2327.
- NO Race bikes or noisy exhausts allowed
- Current Motorcycle race license holders are not permitted to participate
- Please wear quality protective gear for your own protection – only full or 2-piece leathers acceptable for medium and fast groups
- Riders will be required to show a valid drivers licence at registration
- R 600-00 per rider
- Please note although we try our best to keep this updated as much as possible this might change without prior notice
Mad Macs Motorcycles Powered Riding School
Killarney International Raceway’s 3rd Motorcycle Track School for 2021, powered once again by Mad Macs Cape Town, will be run in the morning of Saturday 24th April from 8am until 1.30pm. This will be your 3rd chance for track time on your street-bike this year – and the best way to get revved up for the summer riding season on the street.
Give yourself a refresher course in safe riding, with input from experienced road and racing instructors, practice hard braking and accurate placement on the road in a safe and controlled environment, while enjoying your bike in the manner it was intended to be ridden.
Sadly, NO SPECTATORS will be allowed, and strict Covid-19 strict health and safety protocols among participants will have to be observed. These include compulsory wearing of face masks at all times, strict cleaning protocols and temperature screening of all participants attending.
Riders will be seeded into three groups – Beginner, Medium and Fast. Full riding gear is required for all riders except those in the Beginner group, where basic gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans and boots that cover your ankles) is acceptable.
Both road and race bikes are welcome but no current racing licence holders will be allowed to ride. Scrutineering will take place from 8am until 9:00am. No loud exhausts – bikes that hit the red line on our officially calibrated noise meter will be removed from the circuit.
Power Series Round 6 – MSA16631:
- Superbikes and 600’s / Clubman, Breakfast Run, Classics / PowerSports – 7 August 2021
Closing date for submission of documents: 28 July 2021
Power Series SR’s and Entry Forms
Documents to be submitted
- Race licence
- Entry form
- Proof of Payment (PoP)
- Attendance List
- Bike Scrutineering form
To be submitted on official practice and race days:
- MSA Daily Screening Questionnaire (1 for each team member for each day of attendance)
- When: Sat 30 Jan from 11h00 till 13h00
- Where: in the area behind the Clubhouse, where the cars park on race days
- All bikes will need to pass the Sound Test, in order to receive a valid 2021 Sound Test sticker, in order to race this year
- It is very important not to make any changes to your exhaust after passing the sound test, because if the exhaust is changed afterwards, you will need to re-do the sound test to ensure that the bike still complies with the sound limit
The July 17th track day is removed due to COVID19 level 4 regulations.
The Sep 11th track day is removed due to COVID19 level 4 regulations.
Points Breakdown (if there are 6 or more riders per class)
Noise testing for all competitors
All competitors, please note that all motorcycles need to comply to with the Killarney noise limits which is a maximum of 108 dbA’s at 0,5m. Testing is performed according to the procedures contained in the MSA Environmental Code. Appendix 1. The WPMC Sporting committee requires all motorcycles to be tested before being permitted to race.
Remember that sound testing on your vehicle needs to be done before race day.
Sound Testing: Will be conducted by appointment on Wednesdays from 6:00pm – 8:00pm in the oval parking area behind the Clubhouse. Contact Rhonette Rossouw at (021) 557-12639 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your slot.
Please remember that all the Level 2 Covid-19 health and safety protocols for sporting facilities continue to apply. Unfortunately, spectators are not permitted at events.
Access to KILLARNEY
Due to the restriction on movement, access to the facility other than for an extreme emergency, will not be possible during this period; this includes bomas, garages, offices and workshops.
The existing security service will continue, along with additional measures; however, because of its size the facility is difficult to secure with no activity on site.
Testing sessions for Power Series Competitors
Testing sessions for WPMC members who compete in the Power Series presented by Wingfield Motors and Kfm 94.5 will resume, on Wednesdays only.
- Wednesdays – Fridays Private Testing: 09:00 – 16:00 (Please contact Rhonette to book)
- Tuesday to Thursday Power Series Testing: 16:30 – 18:00
- Please confirm availability and times with the office
- Corporate books take preference: 021 557 1639
Testing Session Days
|Time||4.30pm to 6pm||4.30pm to 6pm||4.30pm to 6pm|
|Classes||Power Sport A & B||SBK, Clubmans, Classics||SBK, Clubmans, Classics|
Bikes and Cars alternating every 15 min
In order to make the circuit more available to members and private track hire clients, the following amendment to the Policy on Testing Sessions has been approved by the MANCOM and SPORTCOM of the WPMC and is effective from 16 January 2018
- The Testing Sessions are afforded to members of the WPMC that compete in Power Series events
- Test Sessions are for testing purposes, running in of
engines and bedding in of brakes, etc.
- All are reminded that there is no medical support on site for these sessions and no manned marshalling posts, therefore please drive/ride accordingly
- Cost will be R100 per day for all sessions
- Pay at the WPMC admin office and get an appropriate sticker (with the date listed)
- Card payments welcome
(Note; Corporate clients would still need to take preference if so required in order to secure their bookings and so these sessions could be cancelled)
To inquire about anything related to motorcycle racing on the main circuit at Killarney, please contact the relevant member of the WPMC Motorcycle Section:
- Chairman –
- Wayne Arendse 071 866 8399 email@example.com
- Vice Chairman / Riders Representative –
- Lance Jonas 079 8819539
- Treasurer –
- Riders Representative / Sponsor Liaison –
- Dave Enticott 072 611 2327 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motorsport SA Representative –
- Wayne Arendse 071 866 8399 email@example.com
- Secretary –
- Johan Vosloo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Province Motor Club (WPMC)
- Tel: +27 21 557 1639
- Motorsport South Africa (MSA)
- National Tel: 086 167 2672
- Motorsport South Africa (MSA)
- Cape Town Tel: +27 21 5561026
2021 General Competition Rules, GCR’s & Circuit SSR’s
Breakout times for Clubmans
Clubman Class A: 1 min 17,000 to 1 min 20,999
Clubman Class B: 1 min 21,000 and slower